Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Alberta Institute For Wildlife Conservation

What a fabulous place!  They do surgery on animals hit by cars and rehabilitate them.  They do so much good for the wildlife that is being destroyed by technology and urban spread.  It was a wonderful visit!  And thanks so much to my good friend Ashley and her family for signing us up and taking us to this place.

Here's a few pictures of this amazing bird called a bittern.  He had come in with a broken foot having been hit by a vehicle or something.  He's nearly fully recovered and will be release probably in the spring.

I am a reed, you can't see me.

swallowing his goldfish treat.

Heading back to his log.

I will be sharing more pictures of this place as I get them resized.  I had my camera set on HUGE pictures that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment